Saturday, March 12, 2011

Odds & Ends

Every now and then, one of my friends has a sewing or quilting pattern they just can't figure out, and they offer me the 'challenge.' Well, this week, it was a paper-pieced crane. Paper-piecing is so not my favorite technique, but I (thankfully) was able to whip up a sample fairly quickly. So cannot imagine making a bunch of these though! (Finished crane is about 5" square.)


I've packed up my scrap packets for SewSara's swap. I didn't really have too many small pieces, due to a recent cleaning of the stash. It was interesting what my swap partners asked for - 'modern', ' rainbow colors', 'no solids', or simply 'surprise me!' Anyway, the packets are all in the mail today.

Lastly, I decided to sneak in a little project out of the charm pack I bought at the quilting class at The Quilting Loft. It is Origins by BasicGrey, and I'm using Camille Roskelley's "coming home" pattern, from her book, simplify. I bought the pack on a whim, but I really like it, and am hoping to brave free-motion quilting on it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am excited to see a sneaky peak of "one of those is mine" scrap packs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know where to purchase the pattern for this block? I had a link and have lost it!!! Really wanted to add this block to a quilt I'm sending to Japan...

    ReplyDelete