Friday, October 7, 2011

Another Day

I woke up this morning thinking I had nothing to blog about and feeling, honestly, bummed I wasn't on my way to the Sewing Summit. I mean, seriously, how fun does that sound?! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

Anyway, I got home from work and had some good mail - another of my 4x5 modern quilt bee blocks - this one from Leila of Sewn by Leila. It's darling, and with the block I made myself, and the ones from Julie of Relish and Meg from The Mad Quilting Librarian - I now have four amazing orange and grays. Two more are on their way, and the next round will be starting soon. I really am enjoying this bee! (Today's the deadline for the next quarter, if you are interested!)

I also got some great Heirloom fat eighths that I won from Angie at Stitching by Starlight. Always a good thing! (Thanks, Angie!!)

And I took time to stitch a bit and finish my third Swoon block. {see blocks two and three here}

On top of all that, I got an email from Generation Q blogzine saying they want to feature one of my quilts as their quilt of the week! Now that is seriously cool! In case you don't know, GenQ is "a community of modern and contemporary quilters, sewists and fabric addicts who love to create, are welcoming of new ideas and new styles while respecting what's come before and who enjoy creative expression of all forms." I love the inclusivity in that statement! So I'll let you know as soon as I see it up - we'll see what tomorrow brings!

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the Sewing Summit envy! Sigh. Maybe next year?
    Loving your Terrain block, and can't wait to see the feature on GenQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bee blocks are great, but look at your swoon block! Looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day! Congratulations on the feature!
    And I LOVE your swoon block . . . it makes me want to go make another one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the Sewing Summit. Those who are going and have posted photos of what they have made to bring make me a wee bit envious - but happy for them. It's very possible that a Sewing Summit is somewhere in our future! Cannot wait to see what Gen Q does to feature your quilt - that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also jealous of all those summit sewers this weekend! But now I'm jealous of you too for the stunning bee blocks and your own Swoon AND for winning some of Angie's Heirloom loot. I kept waiting for my name to be drawn...but apparently she pulled yours instead of mine. ;) Oh well, enjoy it and make something great from it and we'll call it even, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally commiserate with you about the Summit. Maybe some day. I think this one is my favorite of your Swoon blocks so far. I love both of those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love that improv block with the dog, it is wonderful! What a great selection of blocks! Your swoon block is just lovely, and congrats on winning that awesome fabric...so cool!

    ReplyDelete