Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fresh Sewing Day

Fresh Sewing Day
It's been an interesting month,
with a 'first' - mastering the zip pouch,
a favorite block - Swoon, for both the 4x5 bee and myself,
completing the For the Love of Solids swap,
donating quilts to 100 Quilts for Kids,
a stab at improv, and
a feature on Modern Day Quilts {see here}.

I can't say that the making of my FTLOS quilt was the most fun I had in September, but it was challenging, I'm proud of it, and I'm pleased that others really like it. Fun, though, was finally braving the zip pouch, and finding out how straight-forward it really is. Also very enjoyable was the improv table runner, choosing the bright solids, trying a new technique, and basking in the pleasure of a quick finish. And of course, satisfying and beautiful, the Swoon blocks. All in all, a very good month.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie - popping over from Lynne`s FSD...I love your Storylines quilt and the improv, runner is gorgeous. We don`t always enjoy the process but it`s worth it sometimes and good to step out of our comfort zone. Oh and I love your swoon block - mustn`t forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I love it all. You have been so productive this month. Wow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing everything all together like this at the end of the month. Your projects are all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Mango Mini quilt! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mango quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very good month indeed! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy. I like that improv runner. Bright and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really have had a productive month! Your mosaic looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely projects Debbie - I really like your Swoon blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the bright table runner, a fantastic job of improv :)

    ReplyDelete