Wednesday, October 12, 2011

W.i.P. Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Well, here we are at W.i.P. Wednesday again! It's been a good week of progress and following through on inspiration.

Completed projects
Cappuccino Bali Pop Quilt - This project took me waaay too long to finish, but it's done!

Ongoing projects
Swoon quilt - Block 3/9 is done! These are a joy to make. wow.

October do.Good Stitches blocks - I got my two Raggedy Bullseye blocks made and sent off. 


Dead Simple Quilt Along - My top is finished, and I did my first organic straight-line quilting! Hope to be ready to show a finished quilt yet this week. 


Wrenly HST quilt - Blocks are done, ready to be pieced together. I hope to whip this little top together shortly.

Pumpkin Patch Table Topper - I started a table topper based on a patter by the plaid scottie. Just something fun and distracting using my scraps.

Pretty {little} Pouch Swap project - My fabrics are chosen and a plan forming. Really hoping to work on this this weekend!

I'm also kind of on the hunt for patterns to use for some Christmas fabric I have - a set of eight (flannel) fat quarters, and a (different) pair of charm packs. So those will be added to the 'Upcoming' list soon.

Upcoming projects
* Stash quilt - zig zag quilt
* Quilts for siblings #2 and #3.

Be sure and check in at Freshly Pieced to see lots of other great w.i.p.s! Great fun!

20 comments:

  1. Wow! You've gotten a lot accomplished. I adore the Swoon block & fabrics you've chosen. Have to go back & investigate your Bali Pop quilt as I have a pack & don't know what to do with it. Great week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, aren't those bullseye blocks cool? And I love your Swoon block, of course. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your free motion quilting as I said the other day. I'm in a stash-buster swap and we're using Christmas fabrics this time around. I haven't even looked at the block to see if it's charm pack accessible, but here's the link if you're interested. http://www.flickr.com/groups/modmosiac/ Great job as always, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts. The Cappuccino is my favorite--just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So busy as usual!! Your dead simple quilt along project looks great, especially those nice organic quilting lines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is beautiful Debbie! You always have so much done and working on, so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You've been so busy! I love the color palette of your Dead Simple quilt. Cool quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness, I LOVE the Dead Simple Quilt. The organic straight line quilting is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your free motion quilting is great! It turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb, that swoon quilt is AWESOME! You have such great colour and print combination sense for your blocks. So impressed! You make me want to dive in more than ever. Still waiting for my new machine, though. Impatiently.

    Your organic straight line quilting looks great! Again, you encourage by example. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - so many amazing projects. The effect of the Bali quilt is just fantastic. And I'm also reminded why I bought the Swoon pattern - I really must get started on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing projects! I especially love your Swoon block. Great fabric/color combo. I'm really into quilting organically and love the process along with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have some of that cappacino and swoon. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Swoon block and the organic straight-line quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blocks! Visiting from Heather's blog! The Swoon block is a great one, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've made a lot of progress this week! Those bullseye blocks are cool! And I love your Dead Simple quilt. The quilting looks excellent! My fabrics haven't even arrived yet and I'm getting a little impatient! I really love that swoon block. It may not be your favorite one, but I think it is mine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have seen this Swoon block everywhere and I love yours. But please do tell where do I get the pattern have looked everywhere. Thanks, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can someone please tell me how to get the Swoon block? Thanks, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sandy, I wish I had your email to send this directly, but hope you check back. Swoon is by Camille Roskelley: http://thimbleblossoms.bigcartel.com/product/swoon-pattern-142-pdf-pattern

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much!! I have been chasing this pattern for awhile now. Just never was able to find the source. Will be staring this very soon, thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete