Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Swap and A Class

Well, the *Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Block Swap is well underway! 70(!) swappers are making blocks like crazy, and more are arriving at my house every day! The mosaic below shows most of them! Thirteen packs have actually arrived, a total of 525 blocks. Savinggrc/Karen has added up 2025 committed blocks so far, and has agreed to keep tabs on the total as the blocks continue to ship.
1. Materialmoments', 2. CityHouseStudio, 3. IMG_0290, 4. 45 Polaroids to swap, 5. Polaroid Blocks, 6. Polaroid Swap, 7. Whew! I'm done!, 8. Picture perfect polaroid swap blocks, 9. Polaroid Swap, 10. 50 Polaroids Ready To Go, 11. All done with my polaroid patches!!, 12. more for the Swap - Sign Ups Open


As for the class, how would you feel if you received an email from the teacher saying, "I'll be making up fabric kits for each of you to use while learning the techniques, as well as bringing my scrap bins for you all to dig through." Uh yeah, me too. Especially when the teacher is Katie of Sew Katie Did. So I'm pretty excited this morning as I pack up my sewing supplies, machine, and copy of Quilting Modern, and head off to take her Improvisational Patchwork class. I'll be sure and report back, but meanwhile, see ya later!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such an awesome swap, Debbie! Hopefully you'll still have room to sew with all those packages piling up! And yeah, your morning sounds just a little more exciting than mine. Can't wait to see what you learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the swap is going great! Have so much fun at your class. I'm a little jealous. I'm sure you will learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I could come too, I hope you have the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you have any idea this swap would get so huge?? Congrats! Hope you can keep it all sorted.

    And WOW, super jealous of your class today. That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at the class, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun!! Yea on the pictures! Tula Pink is giving a class in Walla Walla today, and I'm very sad that I can't take it, but did get to meet her last night!!! Of course that made me wish I could take the class even more, but hey, I'll take what I can get!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pics are looking fab, I'm sure everyone will be delighted with their blocks! Have a blast at the class - Katy Jones brought her scraps to FQR, but I was a bit ashamed to rummage too much - others, I saw afterwards, were less reticent...

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa! thats awesoe debbie, great turnout! -- enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great set of blocks!
    Hope you have fun in the class! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!Have a blast as I am sure goes without saying : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all those polaroid blocks!!! I bet you're having fun sorting through them all. This is going to be a great project, can't wait to see them all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun to see all these photos of all the blocks together--thanks again for doing this for us! (I'll slip the handsigned one for you into the mail as soon as my company leaves.)

    And wow--have fun in your class. I just returned from Long Beach and my head is still processing all the interesting things I saw and learned.

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete