Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

It's true. I really enjoy Fresh Sewing Day over at Lily's Quilts! Posting a rundown of everything I worked on each month accomplishes one of my goal's of blogging in the first place - documenting my quilting journey. 

This month, believe it or not, there have been fewer bee blocks, with do.Good Stitches and the 4x5 modern Quilt Bee both on break. But I still got to try 'Tokyo Subway' blocks for hehehe922/Megan in my first month in the Always Bee Learning bee, plus blocks for Between Quilts/Valerie in the Modern Blocks Bee. And then when I realized I needed two more orange and gray blocks to finish up my 4x5 quilt, I tried 2 "Modern Blocks" that I hadn't tried before, and really like them both. Lastly, July is MY month in the MBB, so I made up a sample "Binary" block to show my bee mates. I'm pretty excited to get my blocks back from them and am already thinking about how I'll finish up that top . . .


As for other projects, it's been a very Zakka month! The Messenger Bag, Zip Organizer, Tweed Pouch, Hand Warmers, and Round Patchwork Pot Holders are all Zakka projects! I have really been enjoying this sew-along!

I only finished 1 quilt, but I guess I made up for it with all the littles. AND the mosaic below does not reflect a {summer} event at Tuesdays at the Table, participation in my first blog hop, and A Quilter's Table new presence on facebook.
1. Zakka Messenger Bag, 2. More Potholders, 3. Zakka Zip Organizer back, 4. Logo Card Holder, 5. Orchard Path Tweed Pouch, 6. Patchwork Hand Warmers, 7. The Stars of Summer, 8. "Read" Book Bag side 1, 9. Patchwork Pot Holders


Looking back, two projects stand out as being extra special to me - the Logo Card Holder, which I really enjoyed designing, and I loved finally using one of my Melody Miller typewriters. And The Stars of Summer quilt . . . it felt so good to use those star blocks rather than leave them continuing to languish in the closet. Using a vast amount of solids to finish out the top was really fun, as was changing quilting styles in the same project (a first for me), and finishing with matched binding.

All in all it was a very satisfying month of sewing. So welcome, July!

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts.

13 comments:

  1. Great job for the month there! And if I counted months without finished quilts as failures, then I'd be drummed out of the quilting movement lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A month of gorgeous makes and the one quilt you made in June was a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even with only one quilt (one absolutely beautiful quilt!), you still have quite a bit to show for the month. Love all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I have enjoyed seeing each of those already this month, it is so nice to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You made tons of beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. look at you go! the FAL list and now all these?? wow debbie, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects there from last month! Loving the Zakka items =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your site and I thank you for coming and joining my blog but it for some reason sent you to one that I tried to start. Please join me at www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com as it's my blog with new blogs I done. thank you as I really want to keep up with your site as you have some awesome blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finishes Debbie - love all of your Zakka projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great accomplishments Debbie : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many lovely projects here Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many lovelies here, Debbie! I'm reminded of all your cute Zakka projects...that hedgehog pouch is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful finsihes! Love your messenger bag and the orange and grey blocks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete