Tuesday, July 17, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

W.i.P. Wednesday is always such inspiration, and this week has been no different. One hard-earned finish and several w.i.p.s - not a bad place to be.

Completed projects
4x5 Quilt - It's done. A year in the collecting and making of blocks. Quilted by moi, and a name chosen. Here's a peek of the back - full reveal post soon!

Ongoing projects
Zakka Style Sew-Along project #16:Patchwork Ribbon - Boy, there's plenty of discussion about this little project, and it's only Wednesday! I'm taking the jelly-roll shortcut and have my strips sewn end to end and a first starching done.

Storytime Squares baby quilt - No progress since last week, though the backing and binding fabrics are now in house.

*Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Block Swap - Haven't done anything since last Wednesday other than add {oodles} more participants to the list. AND the swap packages are already arriving!

New zip pouch - I'm trying to recreate a pouch that was given to me as a gift. We'll see if I can do it.

Upcoming projects
* more Zakka
* QWERTY variation
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt - Christmas in July?? (I know - I'm running out of time!)
* scrappy Metrolink
* Plus quilt for my sister-in-law
* Always Bee Learning July block
* EZ Dresden Challenge project - maybe??
* FAITH Circle July blocks
* 100 Quilts quilt to donate

Taryn from Pixels to Patchwork is hosting W.i.P. Wednesday and I'm linking up!

23 comments:

  1. oooh, that 4x5 looks very interesting - looking fwd to seeing it in all its glory! love the pouch - I'm a bit of a sucker for Echo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo of gray with orange! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours of your quilt and the prints you've chosen for your zip pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing your 'take' on the Zakka ribbon! Quite a controversial one, hey? And the Echo pouch is going to be lovely! You are sucha busy bee, you put us to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another big reveal I am looking forward too. Love your zippy pouch fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the finished 4x5! And what on earth is so controversial about a ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. shortcuts get the job done, not sure what the ribbon thing is about but now you've got me intrigued. look forward to the quilt reveal, and those zipper pouches will be rad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see the 4x5 reveal, the colors are fantastic! Your polaroid swap is such a good idea. The zipper pouches look great, I love the fabric you chose! I am obsessed with zippers right now, I raided the zipper section of Hobby Lobby the other day :D. Thank you for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects!
    I'll have my polaroid blocks in the mail to you soon!
    Can't wait to see the 4 X 5 quilt; you must be so happy to have it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the orange thread quilting- can't wait to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to the reveal of 4x5! I hope you can figure out how the pouch was made; your fabric is great! Now I wish I had joined the Polaroid swap, but I didn't think I had enough unique fabric to fussy cut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely projects are always going on at your house. Last night I made 48 polaroids so I am almost ready to ship mine to you. And I am off to read about why a fabric ribbon would be an event.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, looking forward to the 4x5 reveal, Debbie. I hope you'll link it up to TGIFF! It's at Plum and June this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look forward to seeing the quilt and that will be the prettiest ribbon!! Those polaroids are popping up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ay Debbie, don't tease us like that showing only a glimpse of the quilt... The Polaroids are great. I wish I had the right fabric to participate in the swop. (Note to my DH: See, I NEED to buy more fabric!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm, that's going to be one pouch? With three zippers? Can't wait to see it!!

    Fabric ribbon, how do you feel about this one? I have seen some cute versions.

    Still looking forward to the 4x5 reveal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to the quilt reveal! Interesting looking pouch so far, the fabric choices are cool. Hope to see some more progress on those projects soon =D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, looking forward to the big 4x5 reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the zippery zippy pouch wip - my sort of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Busy as usual, Debbie! Can't wait to see your latest finish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A whole lot going on at your Table!
    Can't wait to see your 4x5 reveal - the back is looks great! Love the Echo pouchs too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh! Can't wait to see the zip pouch finished!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking forward to seeing the quilt - and I like the idea of using the jelly roll for the Zakka ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete