Tuesday, July 24, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

W.i.P. Wednesday finds me with a few finishes, several of which I've already posted about, so click the links if you happened to miss them. Meanwhile, the Zakka sew-along continues, and I'm knee-deep in the polaroid swap.

Completed projects
G.O. Modern - Yes, I finished my 4x5 modern bee sampler and posted all about it last week. Plus a second post with the quilting detail. Still feeling the glow of this finish.

Always Bee Learning & FAITH Circle July blocks - Got these done and in the mail. Separate post here.

New zip pouch - I had a bit of a challenge trying to duplicate a purchased pouch - and I won! I'll be writing up a post and sharing it soon.

Drawstring bag - It had been a while, so I really enjoyed making another one of Jeni's bags. This one's "The Artist Bag", measuring 16"x14.5"x4.5". The main fabric is a Denyse Schmidt Sugar Creek print, the contrast Timeless Treasures Sketch in Royal, and the lining Penny Lane Starburst for My Mind's Eye (a fav!). As always, it's a delightful finish.

Zakka Style Sew-Along project #16: Patchwork Ribbon - posted here.

Ongoing projects
Storytime Squares baby quilt - no progress other than cutting out the binding. Soon.

*Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Block Swap - I've got oodles of blocks in progress, but none ready to swap yet.
Zakka Style Sew-Along project #17: Delightful Linen Bag - in progress - hope to be able to share tomorrow.

Upcoming projects
* more Zakka
* QWERTY variation
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt - Christmas in July?? (I know - I'm running out of time!)
* scrappy Metrolink
* Plus quilt for my sister-in-law
* EZ Dresden Challenge project - maybe??
* 100 Quilts donation quilt

I'm linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday this week, hosted by Colleen from The Busy Bean.

15 comments:

  1. I love how bright your Polaroid blocks are! And that 4x5 quilt is amazing. What a lot of great work you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pouch and aren't those drawstring bags fun to make! When getting on with the pattern I never thought it would actually become a bag. Perfect.
    Love your squared blocks. Such happy fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your polaroid blocks look fun, as do all your finishes! And yes, can you believe July is almost over? "Christmas in August" doesn't have quite the same ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANother pretty drawstring bag! And the Zakka for this week looks lovely! Love the green! (Not sure whether time will beat me on this one!?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think that should keep you going for another week at least ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing so many Polaroid blocks around. It will keep you busy when they all start arriving! Still loving your 4x5 sampler quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Polaroid blocks - so cheerful! And the flower detail on the Zakka project - can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where in the world do you find all this sewing time- i think you are just incredibly fast- or either you have to share how to create a few more hours in the day :) just wonderful projects!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects! I really want to do one of those zakka projects. Maybe this fall. What's your favorite so far?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous quilt. Congrats on winning the battle of the pouch. I love the fabrics you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow such fun projects. Loving the zippered pouch and the drawstring bag is so cute!
    How long is the polariod swap going on for? =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Again, the 4x5 quilt is so amazing.

    Looking forward to seeing that pouch and how you worked all those zippers in that were in your last photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely as always! That quilt in particular is so beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished linen pouch!

    ReplyDelete