So far, my blocks have been a mix of fabrics in the style of those in the book. For the first time, this set has two that are nearly identical. I must say, the more I make, the more I enjoy. And honestly, prepping several blocks a few days ago made stitching up these three very easy to squeeze into my busy work day.
I was pretty excited to see this chart by Teri Emerson/craktpot show up on flickr. Knowing what block goes where will really be helpful the farther along I get with choosing fabrics for my blocks. (Note one correction: the one in the 1st row marked 1D should be 89.)
Another thing I am finding helpful is that the color of each page number corresponds with the general color that block. I've found it a little difficult on some blocks to determine what color it really should be (considering I'm trying to follow Tula's lead on block colors), and the photograph and the block diagram don't always match. So this color coding will also be helpful as I move forward. Pretty exciting that one more week, and we'll be moving out of the "Crosses" section and into the "Rectangles." To me, that means progress!
Linking up with Sew Sweetness.