Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bzzzzz

Nearly a year ago, I made this paper-pieced bee. Just because. Badskirt posted the free pattern and I just had to make it, but then never used it. I basically kept it around to admire. {true confession}
So when the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild announced a pincushion swap, this little bee came to mind. I cut sides 1 1/2" tall and constructed in on the fly (no pun intended) a la the pincushion technique in Patchwork, Please. Filled with crushed walnut shells, it's a big pincushion - about 5" across - so it'll hold plenty!
Here's the sweet 9-patch pincushion I got in return. It's actually quite perfect for my travel sewing kit! 
I wish I could show you up-close photos of every one that was swapped! SO cute!

14 comments:

  1. Your Bee is fabulous and so are all of those other delightful pin cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of your bee block! Looking at the table filled with pin cushions, I just love the little "pool" one, so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bee is adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the strawberries and the elephant too! What a fantastic swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bee. And those pincushions were pretty darn cute. Dang, I slacked on that one. Should have done it. Next time I won't be so darn lazy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! They all look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Bee pincushion is a delight. Love seeing all of the pincushions in the swap! What fun they are.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Bee pincushion is a delight. Love seeing all of the pincushions in the swap! What fun they are.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun swap. Your bee is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bee, and the elly, and sewing machine, and the turtle, and...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bee cushion! I made the 9-patch cushion you received in return - glad you like it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Bumble Bee cushion. Its really cute.

    ReplyDelete