Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Circling

You know those times when you've got several projects going but they all seem a bit too intimidating to face? Yeah, that's why I hopped right on this months blocks for Faith Circle. They seemed easy to digest while still accomplishing something, and they proved to be so.
Bee mama Melissa/~Me1issa is calling them "Circle of Squares" and they are adapted from this block tutorial. Melissa's chosen palette consists of bright pink, pale pink, mustard, royal blue, pale green, peach, orange, and rich greenish/aqua on a low-volume background. I let the scraps speak, and ended up with 2 similarly hued blocks in orange and peach.
So with those done, I better get back to the 2 quilts-in-the-works on the design wall. I think I hear them calling . . .

7 comments:

  1. What a great design! I have saved it. Would like to try thi!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been admiring these blocks on another block- probably from someone else in the same bee! They are a fun block, and very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really interesting pattern. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that block design and your fabric choices are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! I love these blocks!! What a great pattern idea!

    ReplyDelete