Monday, November 2, 2015

Hello Sophia

When I was looking to make a pouch to coordinate with my mom's new bag, I hopped right on over to s.o.t.a.k handmade to see what Svetlana had that I hadn't tried yet. There I happened upon the sophia pouch, and I can now say it's a new favorite.


For 5"x8", this pouch has plenty of extras - a roomy exterior pocket with velco closure, an interior pocket, plus a 1" gusset that allows for extra space. And the pouch has what I consider Svetlana's signature zipper technique, which personally I like alot, and which you'll also find on her lola pouch. Though the pattern calls for piping, I went without this time, but it's definitely another nice design element.

Fabric-wise, I believe the 'main' fabric I used was a chambray, though I'm not 100% sure. It gave just the look I was after though. All other fabrics were Cotton + Steel - the dark blue/black on the exterior pocket and zipper binding is from the Honeymoon collection by Sarah Watts (same as mom's bag); the interior pocket and lining fabrics are both from Zephyr by Rashina Coleman-Hale. Mom chose them all from my stack of C+S, and I think they go really nicely together.

Making a new pattern like this, I go super slowly, reading and rereading each step. But that aside, it was easy to follow, and the pouch was very enjoyable to make. I'd definitely make it again....

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous. I do love her patterns. need to pick this one up

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty pouch, I really, really love all the fabrics your mom chose. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Debbie! Svetlana has the most amazing patterns, doesn't she?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful pouch, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pouch is beautiful, I love the fabrics. It's going to be perfect with the bag. I really need to try one of Svetlana's patterns, I just can't decide on which one, they're all so nice.

    ReplyDelete