Each of the quilts pictured in this post gave me a singular pleasure in the making, and Steeped in Tradition and Mod Mood are close runners up. And though making quilts is mostly what it's been about, there have been some other moments worth mentioning, and more to come.
During the last year:
- My daughter Rachel/Snippet of Sweetness, and I were able to attend QuiltCon, which was an amazing experience all around, and we pretty much couldn't stop grinning just because we were actually there. Plus I got to see my Fissures hang in the show. I honestly gasped when I first rounded a corner and saw it.
- As a member of Bee Sewcial, an improv bee working only in solids, I've been challenged in new ways and found I love improv way more than I realized.
- I stepped up to being lead of Faith Circle, a part of the charity bee do.Good Stitches. Starting with my circle as a stitcher in 2011, then becoming a quilter in 2013, it seemed only natural to take on this new role when it was offered.
- Being asked to share on Tsoniki's me being crafty podcast was surreal yet fun! Plus it was a good exercise in thinking about why I do what I do and where it all started.
- Three new tutorials were created, and I even set up a Craftsy presence, just because.
- Something I had no inking I would ever do at the year's start was accept speaking engagements. I shared The Creative Use of Neutral Fabric with the Fidalgo Island Quilters and The Improv Process with the Tacoma Modern Quilt Guild. Uh, both experiences were way more enjoyable than I expected; and though alot of work to prepare for, so very affirming.
- I brought The Scrap Basket newsletter to life after encouragement in a lecture at QuiltCon, and boy has it been fun! Having grown to over 700 subscribers, it's been a great place to expand what I do on the blog, as well as highlight the work of others.
- Louise/I'm Feelin' Crafty and I are heading up the SMQG giving committee and we have huge shoes to fill.
- As I already shared, I've joined the team of 2016 Finish-A-Long cohosts. This group has been so motivating to me over the last few years. I hope you consider joining us!