It surprised me to see that it had been over 18 months since I'd composed a quilty bucket list as part of the Quilty Bucket List Blog Hop hosted by Stacey/The Tilted Quilt. The other day out of the blue, it dawned on me that I should see how I was progressing, as I really hadn't been giving it much thought. Come to find out, I was 6/10, which is just where I may stay for a while. Then again it may be the end of the story. Below's a quick report - you'll see my original statements in italics, followed by my current thoughts. I've included alot of links, if you want to see my original inspiration or reveal posts.
1. Years ago when I was a beginning quilter, the quilt that seemed most beautiful and elusive was the Irish Chain. I still have pages ripped from a magazine showing my dream quilt. It seems only right that someday, I actually make one. When it came right down to it, I found I didn't actually want to make one like I had always imagined. I did, in fact, make a modern facsimile, and I may just be happy enough with that.
Mod Irish, June 2015
2. The Churn Dash block is my favorite traditional block and I'd love to make a quilt with a modern take on it. I still love this block, but. Unless I come up with that modern twist, I probably won't be making a full-size quilt. I think I'll count this pillow, using the Nested Churn Dash pattern by quilt jane, and mark this one off the list.
3. A barn quilt has been a relatively new add to my TO DO list. Hubby and I came across barns with painted quilts on a drive through Eastern Washington, and we were so taken by them. I'm not quite sure what block I want to do yet though . . . I still love them and I still don't know. I kinda think I'll just keep admiring them on barns.
4. Next up is a color wheel quilt. I'm contemplating Tula's new pattern, but we'll see. I went another direction on this one, and used Nicole/mama love quilts' pattern The Motley Wheel. Twice!
Motley, February 2015
Neutral Wheel, October 2015
5. Pixelated quilts sound difficult and mind-boggling, but I'm also very intrigued by them. I do have a pattern in mind - we'll see if I can manage to execute it. I still have the idea, but am overwhelmed by it, so....
7. I was so taken by this Double Wedding Ring by Greenleaf Goods - a traditional block done improv. I'm mulling over which block to do for this too, but I'd really like to give this idea a go! I went with the Log Cabin - two-sided, in fact - and enjoyed it immensely.
Steeped in Tradition, November 2015
9. My overflowing scrap basket influenced my decision to add a Postage Stamp quilt to my list. This one is actually in progress, so there's a decent chance it'll become a reality. I did this! Though not in the way I'd intended, basically because I got bored!
2¢ Stamp, July 2014
Triangles, April 2014
Well I don't think I've done too bad, eh? But things have changed somehow. By that I mean, I may or may not even consider completing my original list. Not that I'm not pleased where I've gone so far, but I think I want to wing it more going forward. Of course, that's my thoughts today. Anything can happen, right?