Saturday, February 13, 2016

Scrappy Patchwork

After a very hectic work week and the day's invigorating discussion over on Instagram, what felt manageable when I had a little time to sew last night was a Patchwork Bucket. I had made one before using the tutorial by Chase/quarter inch mark, though this time I dug through my scrap basket to piece it together.


This one has an 8" diameter and is 8" tall - perfect for the neutral scraps I've gathered working on my modern sampler blocks. The only change from Chase's tutorial is that once again, since I didn't have the suggested webbing, I used Noodlehead's handle method from her Cargo Duffle pattern {check out Step 4}. It was handy that once I trimmed down my quilted scrap piece to size, there was enough to 
use for the handles. All in all a relaxing little project, which has since been filled with the aforementioned scraps, finding a home on one of my RÅSKOG carts. Mission accomplished.


Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. It's so lovely and I totally need one for my Raskog cart too. I want to make a collection of scrap baskets to reduce the scrap problem and to then use to collect new scraps, I should just do that already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your patchwork bucket,it's cute.
    But I'll confess the real reason I'm writing is because I have a problem.
    Do you know how to remove marks from a Hers marker on 100% cotton?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your patchwork bucket,it's cute.
    But I'll confess the real reason I'm writing is because I have a problem.
    Do you know how to remove marks from a Hers marker on 100% cotton?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bucket. Somehow I missed the discussion on IG, but I just read through the comments. It reminded me of a few weeks back when I was concerned about what someone else thought of my work on IG and wondered aloud to my husband about it. He simply looked at me and said, "Heidi, life is not a popularity contest." He's right. Make what you love. If other people love it or not, that's up to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One in each colour I think Debbie. Love it - pretty and practical! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this...I've got to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes find the comments on blog entries more exciting than the actual blog entry simply because people will say anything! (I'm sure that's not exciting for the blog writer...) Anyway, I'd seen your instagram post but I hadn't read any of the comments. I just went and read a few and wanted to say thank you for affirming the lady who has just started and only makes baby quilts. I think we all need to be careful in how we say things and instruct people. My First Quilt Class (that was the name) had an instructor who said, "I'm going to show you one way to ______ but eventually you'll learn many other ways." That's generally true in every area of life and hobbies. I enjoy blogger's entries because you show me things I'd never thought of and new ways to do things. It is quite humorous though when I read (last week, in fact) a quilt designer's blog entry when she made a comment along the lines of using a quilt kit (as if it wasn't a good thing for her to do) and I wondered if she realized what she'd said - who would buy her stuff if we didn't copy her? A long winded way of saying thank you for the blog entries you write and the eye candy you produce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are causing me to want to make several of these! Thanks for motivating me!

    ReplyDelete