Thursday, May 5, 2016

Colour Blocks

Of course it would have been smart to pay attention early on so you could participate too, but it didn't happen that way. Last night I was scrolling through my Instagram feed after a long work day, enjoying among other things, all the stunning color collections for the
#colourblockchallenge. I realized that it was the last day to join in, so went to Angie/Gnome Angel's blog post to see what it was all about.

Basically, to participate in the Colour Block Challenge, you were to make an inspiration block then stylize it with same-color found items per Angie's guidelines. Why not? So I grabbed a block right off my cutting table to see what I could do.


Fun! Kind of random but whatever. Even though my block was pretty neutral, it was an interesting exercise, and I like what I came up with in short order.

Go glance at that hashtag! I'm pretty sure that even though the challenge is over, you'll be able to add your own style to the collection so give it a try!

4 comments:

  1. It has been fun seeing all those blocks! I wanted to give it a try...but sadly didn't! Oh well, something else will come up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to see all the items add to the blocks. Love all the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you getting a photo done. It looks so fun. I was going to do this too and just didn't get to it. Seems like that's my usual story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link...fun to see each person's post. Love your block those two slivers of green.....yum!

    ReplyDelete