Monday, May 2, 2016

May is for Makers

May Is For Makers | LRstitched.com

When Lindsey/LRStitched posted recently about her May is for Makers campaign, it rang true for me. It's all about supporting indie pattern designers, reminding them that 'while we all love something for free, we also value time and artistry and we are willing to give our support.'

For me personally, I have yet to venture into the arena of charging a fee for my patterns. With a full-time non-crafty job, I haven't really found the time and focus to go that route, but I certainly want to support those who do, and frequently do so by purchasing their patterns. 

So this month, I'm throwing my support by purchasing from a different pattern maker each week and sharing about my purchase here each Monday, as well as on Instagram, using the hashtag #mayisformakers.

So my first purchase is one from Chase/quarter inch mark - her Patchwork kin-cha-ku. I saw one on Instagram the other day and was drawn to her blog to read about her upcoming move, the last of her handmade makes for her shop, and ultimately to the pattern for her patchwork bags. Oh I do love a patchwork bag, and will be trying out Chase's pattern soon.


Photo by Chase/quarter inch mark; used by permission.

Meanwhile, I'm anxious to see what patterns other participants of #mayisformakers are choosing, and mulling over my choice for next week!

8 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see how this is resonating and growing through the community. I agree that it is going to be fun to watch grow this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun pattern! I am excited to get some new projects lined up for this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice, Debbie. I already made a small project using my first pattern for May (blog post coming this afternoon) :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute bag, love the hand stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to what Yvonne has so elegantly stated! I am jumping on the bandwagon, too, Debbie. Looking forward to joining you for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You won't regret that pattern, it is one of my favourites for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is so cute! I am also participating in this wonderful show of kindness and support in our community.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your makes have inspired me to buy certain patterns in the past as well, so there's another way you're supporting indie designers and something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete