I started in with a vague notion of where I was headed, which never really means much when it comes to improv. It started with a circle, and a quarter-circle, where I added layer upon layer, totally mixing up those brilliant colors.
Eventually, it was time to try the big experiment - inserting the quarter-circle into the whole. Oh so carefully, I hera-marked, rotary-cut, pinned, stitched, and pressed. Whew.
I did need to even out the 'circle' a bit by adding another layer or two. Finishing with a diameter of about 20", I'm thinking it'll pass the 'approximately 12.5"x24.5" but not necessarily a rectangle' block requirement.
Meanwhile, folks on Instagram are clamoring for a tutorial of sorts for the layered circle technique, so I'll work on that, so stay tuned.