Friday, April 7, 2017

Waves.Depth.Flow

Felicity/@felicityquilts provided the "waves.depth.flow" prompt for Bee Sewcial last month along with the delicious palette of teal, green, and copper inspired by a Starbucks bag. Yeah, I liked that right off! But I got down to the wire in making my block, and the perfect lighting for a photo didn't present itself, so the colors here are off. sigh


Anyway, I went with very geometric 'waves' with some mild 'flow.' creating one block, 18" x 18 1/2". As always, I'm anxious to see these blocks all together. There have been a couple of new Bee Sewcial finishes recently - see them all here!

12 comments:

  1. fun block! anything inspired by starbucks has to be a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your block, Debbie and - as always - I'm excited to put these together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this block! The colors are wonderful, and I love the flow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Love the pop of the color in with the blues and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun block, I really like the contract between the triangles and the gentle curves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block looks great. I agree that the triangles are unexpected for a wave topic and make it a really amazing interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! I've had the same problem around here lately with the lack of good photography light... spring will come eventually, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pop of the gentle curves! I'm seeing all the quilts being put together and finished - you are all so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a fun block ! I love the mix of curves and triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you thank you!!! This is exactly the kind of block I imagined but couldn't seem to create!! Can't wait to include it in my christmas quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the prompts and individual blocks for this bee, and I am so glad you all share the finished, too. The colors for this one really pull me in.

    ReplyDelete