Thursday, December 21, 2017

And Tiger Lily!

First we (well, I, anyway) anxiously awaited the new Pantone Color of the Year, and then of course it was time to wonder about the Kona Color of the Year, which was announced yesterday!


A few of us chatted at our recent guild party, and were just sure it would be something cool, namely blue. Boy were we wrong. But no matter, I'm committed to give it a go. And you? Be sure and check out the lookbook to see some of the beautiful quilts already created! I think it'll be a fun one to play with!

8 comments:

  1. I think it's a great color! At the moment I'm more drawn to it than the other colors for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would look awesome paired with blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! two of my three kids love orange everything. I'm sure I'll be making them something with this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and bright on chilly, dreary winter day! Orange is definotely a challenge to use. Good choice Kona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the orange..... we need “happy”.......Thinking of pairing it with Pantone’s Blue Violet. They are almost compliments and a pairing might be quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ho hum for me, too close to Tangerine tango a few years back...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Tiger Lily will be a fun color to play with and I'm looking forward to it! Also...the Pantone color Ultra Violet is going to be really fun! I've already started getting my violets in order!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's a great color. We need bright right now.

    ReplyDelete