Thursday, October 18, 2018

Pooled Color

Can't say I'd heard of the term 'pooled color' when Kari/@quiltsforthemaking posted it as this month's Bee Sewcial prompt. But the pin board she shared made it abundantly clear what she meant.


I wasn't really sure if I should 'just' group color swatches together or do a lot of piecing for each 'pool' or what exactly. So I came up with a simply pieced block to duplicate over and over again, making the sizes and shapes all squarish, yet improvisational.


Kari also asked for some off-white negative space and I actually had to minimize that since my block was already oversized. But at 22" x 24" I think it makes a statement, and those simply pieced blocks add alot of texture. It was definitely enjoyable and I may need to explore with these components again!

6 comments:

  1. I love the texture you created with the piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great concept! I like the addition of the curves and inserts. It give more depth and interest! If this were a quilt, it would be so much fun to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The piecing within each block really adds another level of texture and interest. Look forward to seeing what Kari does with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea for adding texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really curious to see what happens next with this pool of pieced fabric. Exciting stuff.

    ReplyDelete