Thursday, March 7, 2019

QuiltCon 2019 :: The Quilts

I was disappointed when I got home from QuiltCon and realized how few photos I had taken of quilts in the show. Let me rephrase that. I took lots of photos of certain quilts (such as Baconrific, oops), but not of a wide variety of quilts. I won't say alot about the ones I did take, but will share the placards that hung with them to credit their makers, and so you can read more about them.

The first two, though, are Bee Sewcial quilts, and lo and behold if Leanne/@shecanquilt's "Smile" didn't win Best in Show! A profound and proud moment in time for our bee.



Karen/@capitolaquilter's "Stretch" also hung in the show, and the quilting done by Karen's sister Sharyl/@itssewscottsdale, just elevated it to another level.



Another quilt of special interest to me was made by Hillary/@entropyalwayswins. The design was inspired by a card Hillary had sent me back in 2017, and because of that, she named it, in part, after me. Fun, eh?





Here are just a few more quilts from the show that caught my eye!




  






I just love the variety, don't you?

7 comments:

  1. Nice to see these quilts again!
    Ps : I think the second last picture hasn't the right placard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there was a great variety this year and I loved that. So much wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The show felt very busy this year and I had a sense it was a challenge to get photographs of the quilts. Not that I was able to do much more than duck in and out at any time, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt con app has photos of all the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A huge thank you for sharing these stunning quilts with us. I've thoroughly enjoyed my morning cuppa sitting and studying each quilt, what a delight it must be to visit a show with participants showing such a diverse range and the abundance of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these. I didn't see the show and it has been interesting to see which quilts interested quilters enough to photograph and show. These are all inspirational quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to take lots of pictures throughout the three days, and ended up photographing many of the same ones! I'm so glad I don't have to decide which quilts make the show and which do not!

    ReplyDelete