Sometimes, you happen upon fabric purchase opportunities that you didn't expect. It happened to me earlier this month when hubby and I escaped town for a few days. When I texted a friend that we'd be away, she wrote right back, "Be sure and stop at the quilt shop in Port Gamble." And so we did.
Once I saw that
Quilted Strait carried several bolts of Windham Fabrics/Tara Faughnan's
Handloom, I didn't really look at anything else. Without a specific project in mind, I just chose several colors I especially liked (l-r):
54870-20 Grape Leaves
54870-52 Driftwood
54870-14 Beach Day
54870-11 Persimmon
54870-6 Juicy
These wovens seem pretty luxe and are very soft. I'm anxious to find ways to include then in my work.
And then, there was a mini restock of solids for my
kitchen quilt, and while I was online at
Fabric Bubb, I grabbed a couple of fun prints as well, Strawberry in White by Heather Ross and Birds in Natural by Alexia Abegg of Ruby Star Society. I had no doubts I'll find the perfect uses for both. In fact, I already made a giftbag for my littlest granddaughter with the strawberries.
And then, of course, the
Carolyn Friedlander Memento fat-quarter pack I'd pre-ordered ages ago arrived! Couldn't resist also grabbing a few yards of prints I especially like, just to stash (bottom-top stacked under the fq bundle):
- Ledger in Water Blue
- Ledger in Citron
- Alpha in Etheral
- Seagrapes in Neon Yellow
- Explore in Altitude

So yeah, that was a lot, but as you might have seen on my recent
WIP List, I also have numerous quilt projects in the works, and I'm confident all of it will be well-used. I've already cut out what I need for the upcoming ELATE qal, so this month didn't really turn out too bad after all.
August Fabric Usage
Used up: 12.96 yards [11.44 projects + 1.52 recycled]
Brought in: 19.75 yards
Net: 6.79 yards
Not bad at all! Tara Faughnan's Handloom looks like it will be a real treat to wok with, and it's smart to stock up on prints you know you'll love from Carolyn.
ReplyDeleteI am curious about the Handloom fabrics. The colors are really inviting.
ReplyDelete