My to-do list is suddenly out of control. I've mostly been progressing through one scrappy quilt after another over the summer, but this week I've added a couple of new quilt projects to my list. That AND I realized I had more WIPS than I thought. So let's see what all I've got going, ok?
1. The purple quilt, where quilting has just been completed and next I need to make and stitch on a facing. This one should be my next quilt finish, and relatively soon, so I'm feeling good about that.
2. I've received all of my Bee Sewcial @beesewcial blocks for my latest prompt! They are all up on the design wall, percolating, and I love them. A proper layout is next on the agenda, so mulling that one over. I'm thinking of possibly adding some more black and white, so I need to firm up some plans before moving ahead.
3. The Kitchen Quilt is brand new this week, and fortunately, I'll be working on its blocks over the next several weeks. So I'm feeling ok about taking my time with this one for now.
4. Oops! I'm joining the Elate QAL with Carolyn Friedlander @carolynfriedlander, which officially began today. I actually purchased the pattern and pre-ordered her new Memento fabric weeks ago, so it's been on my mind. The fabric is on it's way to me now, so my next task there is deciding which fat-quarter pairings I will use. There are 28 fat-quarters in the collection, and I only need 18 for the medium size quilt I'm planning to make.
5. Up to date on the BOM with Seattle MQG, there will be one more set of blocks to make in September, then I assume we'll get the layout instructions in October. So if I follow instructions as they arrive, I shouldn't have to get serious about a quilt top for a while.
6. The Inspired by Nature workshop I took with Vicky Conley @vicki_conley_are_and_design last month was great, though I wasn't totally happy with my result. So it'll take some focus to take a fresh look at it and move forward, and it's TBD what I decide about all that.
7. Remember the Patchwork City quilt blocks I was hoping to continue with the Tula Pink fabric I got off the free table at a guild meeting? Well I've only made one 'new' block so far, and though I do want to continue, I feel like that project will take some real focus too. It's a mix of pieced and paper-pieced blocks, and will probably continue on the back burner for a while.
Yikes! How did that even happen? I very rarely have a quilt WIP list this long. But I don't feel too bad about it, knowing my scrap basket it almost empty from all the scrappy quilts I've made lately, but it does feel a tad overwhelming, yes. Especially since I was hoping to make at least one more scrap quilt with what's left in the scrap basket, and I was hoping to take a fabric printing class and make something with my own printed fabric, just to try something new. So we'll see how it goes. #1 is top priority, and I fully intend to get serious about #2 and #4 next; then #3 and #5 over the next couple of months as I get the info I need. That doesn't sound too impossible, does it?






I don't think that sounds too impossible at all. Knowing which ones you want to prioritize will help a lot, as does the fact that several of them are pretty low time commitment for a bit (the BOM for example). That said, I have literally had my one WIP paused mid quilting under my needle for a week and a half. I'll get back to it when life allows!!
ReplyDeleteI like the purple one. Do finish it.
ReplyDeleteWith your kitchen torn up it seems like a good time to do some finishing without the I teruption of cooking 😂
ReplyDeleteI am so IMPRESSED! You are multi tasking! Sincere words from a retired interior designer.
ReplyDeleteThanks! In general, I am definitely a multi-tasker, but not quite so many quilts at one time. But I've plowed through before and I will again.
DeleteSuper fun! Lots going on in your house. Carolyn Friedlander's new quilt pattern is a beauty. The improv Log Cabin blocks have many of my fav colors!!!
ReplyDeleteYou used the green and blue polka dot! Just like that! Amazing.
ReplyDeleteDid you find it so helpful to list everything out? I have been rearranging my wips-and-mends pile (or...piles...) for months if not years and it hasn't made those piles any smaller! Weird.
You're doing great!!!