A while back, I'd stitched up a couple of Dropcloth Samplers' Stick and Stitch patterns, without an idea of what I would do with them. Then recently I found I had some 3" bamboo wooden hoops, and thought I could use them together. I watched a video, 4 Ways To Back The Embroidery Hoop | Hand Embroidery 101 by The Authentic Embroiderer, and decided to try the 'cover the back with felt' method. It started with putting the embroidery into the hoop and gathering it on the back.
Then I followed the instructions in the video and stitched a felt circle to the back. For both steps, I used a single strand of Aurifil 12wt thread in a color that pretty much matched the fabric and felt.
Gotta say, I really enjoyed the process, and it went together neatly.
I liked it so well, I did it again.

So then.... I took both little embroidered hoops down to the Free Little Art Gallery Edmonds, where I've dropped off little art pieces many times.
Hopefully they'll find a new happy home!







No comments:
Post a Comment