Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Modern Solstice

Last Friday, a new exhibit went up at Island Quilter! And that would be "Modern Solstice", an inspiring collection of star quilts from the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild.
I couldn't resist getting a photo right off of my "Auspicious Sky" hanging in the line up!

I'm going to omit the commentary, and just let you enjoy "the show" . . .
"Seattle Star" by Katie Pedersen

by Carrie Franklin




"Harlequin Star" by Ara Jane Olufson

by Louise Wackerman and the Nurture Circle of do.Good Stitches

by Vicki


Unknown

by Blair Stocker

Unknown

"Seeing Stars" by Katie Pedersen

left quilt is "Meteorite" by Grace Lainhart; right quilt unknown

by Meaghan Quinlin

by Kirsten Ballou

by Megan Riley

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

"Auspicious Sky" by moi!

I'm afraid I missed getting pictures of a couple, and apologize for any credit omissions, but you can see there really were some lovely quilts. It was quite a pleasure to see them up close and personal and mingle with my fellow guild-mates. Honestly, a pretty great way to spend a Friday night!

21 comments:

  1. Great quilt show- such variations on the one 'star' theme! And too many to pick a favourite! Thanks for sharing your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star quilts are my favorite and this is such a lovely galaxy! Congrats on this wonderful show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great show, wish I were in the area to enjoy it in person! Thanks for sharing all the photos, made me feel like I got to be there :) And I adore your Auspicious Sky quilt! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great show! Thanks for sharing the photos, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love all the variations of liberated stars. thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely quilt show! I enjoyed seeing all of those star quilts. Love the nurture circle DGS one. And yay, you're famous! :) Your star quilt is bigger than I thought it was. For some reason I thought it was something like half that size!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! There was some serious talent in that exhibit!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics, even the one with you and your amazing quilt - thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all fab, but I think my favourite is that one by Carrie Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for sharing! They are all so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many gorgeous quilts! Including yours! Thanks for sharing them. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so great, Debbie! It's nice to see you with your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, there are some gorgeous quilts there! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very nice show! Thanks for sharing the pictures. It's good to see you and your lovely quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yayy!! great show! thanks for sharing, how awesome to see your own hanging there!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilts! Your guild has some real talent in it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing collection of quilts. I'm so glad you get to be part of this inspirational modern quilting group.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a talented group of quilters, I love every single one. Your quilt sure looks great in that show.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great exhibition,so interesting seeing all the different variations of a theme. Definitely have a couple of faves. So much inspiration, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete