Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Patchwork, Please! :: Bell Pepper Coasters

I'm being totally honest when I say that I can hardly believe it's actually time to sew along with Ayumi's Patchwork, Please! After months of thoroughly enjoying being immersed in Zakka Style last year, I'm glad to be back at it!

First up are some little Bell Pepper Coasters! Penny of sewtakeahike is this week's featured blogger, so do check out her version! She had the awesome idea to make hers into hotpads.

I stuck with the coasters though, and they went together quite easily.
Picking out fabrics sometimes takes longer than actually sewing the project, and this was one of those times! I did opt for green satin ribbon for the stems, rather than felt. And as you notice, there's no green pepper in my bushel. Not much a fan, but orange, yellow, and red - oh yeah.

If you're wanting to sew along, you can find all the info you need here and here! Would love to have you join us!


Linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

13 comments:

  1. They are so darling. I hope we get that book in ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just wonderful! The grandkids would have fun playing with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours are wonderful- so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I am fond of green peppers, but not so much green fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! It has been so fun to see these pop up everywhere today, they have almost convinced me to buy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! The orange one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post . Great idea ! Love it .

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your peppers, Deb! Just waiting for my book and then I get to make some peppers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable as always, Debbie. I can't wait to hop on the Zakka train as soon as I get a little sewing time this weekend...

    ReplyDelete