Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Time's Up


About six weeks ago, my latest Bee Sewcial quilt top was completed, and I had high hopes to get it quilted and submitted to QuiltCon. But try as I might, the deadline is just about here and I'm not quite done.


I braced myself as I impovisationally quilted on this one. I've questioned my choice more than once, but every time, I talked myself back into my decision being a good one. In fact, I'm enjoying spending the time, thinking each section through, but the truth is, it's time consuming, especially considering I'm doing it with a walking foot.


All that aside, I'll just keep working on it and maybe attempt to show it publicly another time. I've set it aside for a bit, along with the pressure I was feeling. It's ok. It's a process and this one needs to continue just a little longer.

8 comments:

  1. The quilting is adding so much to the overall quilt I can see why you decided to let it stay the course instead of rush for a deadline. Love how it's going so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you were able to talk yourself into staying true to what is going to work the best for the quilt, and I hope that means you'll enjoy the process that much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll submit it next year! 😉 Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard not to feel the pressure and succumb to it, but I'm so glad you stuck to your plan. It'll be much more satisfying and you won't have to look at it with regrets of having to hurrying up! You'll share in good time and like Sopie said...next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Jacquie Gering says, "It's a walking foot, not a running foot." Don't rush yourself. It's a beautiful quilt and it will have it's day one day. P.S. Your work never ceases to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice. Hurry and worry, two that are best to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you have done so far! Very inspiring and it looks time consuming. If it needs the break, don't worry. You will be ready for it soon enough. And there will come other chances to show it's beauty. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the different quilting designs you are adding to the quilt. It is better to be thoughtful and enjoy the quilting process than rush it for a deadline, you can always enter it into QuiltCon 2020. Are you going to Nashville?

    ReplyDelete