Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Block-a-palooza

One of the reasons I wanted to start a blog now was that I recently joined my first quilting community “quilt-along.” Basically, this is where a bunch of quilters are making the same quilt pattern, connected only by their internet relationship. In this particular quilt-along, two block patterns are given each week, presented by a different blogger. I thought this would be a fun way to get to know more of the community while working on a “group” project. The bloggers will be showcasing the "Sunkissed" line by Sweetwater for Moda, which is really lovely, though I happen to be using fabric from my stash. I’m not totally thrilled with my fabric choice, but we’ll see where it goes.

The quilt-along, Block-a-palooza, was begun by John Adams of Quilt Dad. Block 2 came from Oh, Fransson!, and today, block 3 is coming from sasikirana handmade, a new blog to me. You can see all of the presenters  by clicking on Quilt Dad’s link above. And if you’d like to see photos of blocks from all the participants, click here. I’ll post pictures of my first two blocks here, and will be starting on block 3 shortly.

Block 1 ~ Flying over Fields 
Block 2 ~ Word Search 

4 comments:

  1. welcome to the world of blogging! Yours looks wonderful already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blocks so far. We're blog twins, I just started mine 2 days ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging, Debbie! And hahahahaha... now I know where to find you should I want to beg you for some proofing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! That's funny...but I'd be pleased.

    ReplyDelete