Monday, October 31, 2011

52 lists in 52 weeks//week 22 and A Pumpkin Finish


Aha! Just in the nick of time, I have my pumpkin table runner done!

Inspired by the Pumpkin Patch Table Runner by the plaid scottie {here}, I decided to shorten mine up some.
For the pumpkin fabric, I dug around in my scrap basket. I thought the background called for something a little rustic, and I decided to use some osnaburg. An artist quilty friend had told me about this coarse, loosely-woven fabric, which happens to have an interesting history {thanks, wikipedia}. It, along with some random straight-line quilting, and an occasional rusty-orange thread gave it the look I was doing for.
Thanks for the encouragement to get this done, when I claimed to have lost interest. It was a fun distraction from quilting Swoon. And next year, I'll be able to enjoy it for the whole month of October!

Linking up with {Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday!

15 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I LOVE this! Wish I had more orange scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a cute pumpkin log cabin table runner : ) I love using osnaburg...it has a great look, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini candy bars - yum. I still need to run to Target to get Halloween Candy to pass out tonight. Love the table runner! I've never heard of osnaburg but I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, it is beautiful! You are going to keep it out until Thanksgiving right? I love the background fabric, you are right, it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So perfect! Love the orange quilting! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I agree with Marci Girl, I think you should leave it out through Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you finished this! It's great! Using the osnaburg was a fabulous idea, too. It's very harvesty-autumny so you can still use it in November!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks fabulous! i like the contrast of the osnaburg and the prints, it looks a bit rustic without going over into country. the lines of orange quilting pull it all together so nicely.

    you should definitely enjoy it through november!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection of orange fabrics! I agree- you can use it through Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pumpkins!
    Darn it, I didn't get around to making one of these this year -- but it's on my list for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun! Love the creative log cabin and scrappiness. It goes wonderfully with your Halloween decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the course background fabric! That seems to set off the pumpkins and make this special!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Debbie the runner looks so fantastic!!! I love that you used different coloured threads, the orange looks great!

    ReplyDelete