Friday, October 28, 2011

Random

Well, today is the start of the Bloggers' Quilt Festival! This is a big deal, people! There are 90(!) entries all ready this morning, and I've barely woken up yet! The festival goes through November 4, so you have plenty of time to write a new post about one of your quilts. All the rules are here. Hope you can join in the fun! I know I will be.
Amy'sCreativeSide

And speaking of fun, I was thrilled to see September Swoon, the completed quilt made by the Faith Circle of do.Good Stitches. This was the first month I participated in the circle - my block is the one in the lower right corner - and I am pleased to have had even a small part in creating this quilt. Rachel was our quilter this month, and did a lovely job putting it all together! {see here}

Thanks to Marci, I was reminded that Modern Blocks: 99 Quilt Blocks from Your Favorite Designers was now released!
My daughter and I both snatched up a copy, and we agreed with Marci - it makes you want to drop all those w.i.p.s and make some blocks! This book is going to be a great reference and inspiration - just fyi!

Lastly, if you have the time, there's a good/sweet/helpful article over on Generation Q about dealing with your stash. {see here}

Have a good day - and I hope to see you at the festival!

4 comments:

  1. I've been following that Swoon quilt's progress over at Rachel's blog, and it truly is an amazing thing. You are fortunate to have participated.

    Gotta get that modern blocks book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder about the book! The do. Good Swoon quilt is amazing, really. I love the back of it, too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered that book last night from Amazon so it should arrive next week - I guess I need to set aside some time for random blocks - maybe pillows??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...I'm glad you guys liked the book! Rachel did a beautiful job with swoon, so neat to see your block nestled in there! Thanks for the link the the Generation Q post!

    ReplyDelete