Friday, September 21, 2012

Oh, those Polaroids!

Just look at these pillows made by Sewmama123! The second photo below is actually the back of the large pillow in the top photo. What a lovely use of Polaroid blocks, isn't it?
1. <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/51109548@N08/7828343668/in/pool-1843503@N22/">Perfect Polaroid Picture pillows</a>, 2. <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/51109548@N08/7828349604/in/pool-1843503@N22/">Envelope back</a>

And I had to try just a small project myself . . .
A drawstring Snack Bag using Jeni's pattern, with a little Polaroid pieced into the front panel. Honestly, I need more practice with bordering and trimming the blocks - I had intended on this little block being wonky, but trimmed everything wrong. And too close. So I'll be perfecting my technique, but for a first try, I'm quite happy with it. Fabric-wise, I used Essex Linen for the main bag, Michael Miller dots for the accent, and Painter's Canvas for the lime lining.

There's lots more sewing fun in store for all of us who swapped Polaroids, but meanwhile let's give away those six packs of blocks. According to the random generator, the winners are:

#49 ~ Karen of Lintonville.com

#21 ~ Candice of Sunshine, Handmade

#19 ~ Yzo of Chez Roo

#45 ~ Jayme of finding sweetland

#50 ~ Jennie of Jennie's Threads

#37 ~ Teje of Nero's Post and Patch

Congrats to you winners - I am emailing you all! And thanks again to everyone who participated and made the *Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Swap a rousing success!

20 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! Thanks soooo much Debbie!! Congrats to the other winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness gracious! Thank you sooooo sooooo much! I am so excited to get to make a mini with these blocks! What a wonderful way to start a weekend! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners! Your little bag is so adorable. The block fits perfectly with the other fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely projects, your little bag is so adorable. Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have thought to use them in that way. Wonderful projects ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited! Thanks again, Debbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These polaroid blocks are very special and I love your drawstring bag. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The polaroids have really inspired you! Cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Debbie and others who made these blocks and this amazing block swap! Debbie, your little bag is beautiful and great idea to use a block! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great things being made from those blocks! I'll be sending mine out soon for the Aussie swap.
    Loving your drawstring bag! Its super cute =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bag Debbie! Those pillows are super too! It's fun to see different things made with these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! Your bag seems perfect to me! Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So great! This is the first I've heard of Polaroid blocks, and I just love them. Wonderful finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those cushions and cute wee wine bottle holder, so that's 1 down, how many to go? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love your little bag, I need to figure out what I am going to use mine in!

    ReplyDelete