Thursday, September 20, 2012

September Bee Blocks

Time and energy for sewing this last week has been very slim, but in brief fits of productivity, I did get this month's bee blocks done.

First were a rainbow of butterflies for ~Me1issa and the FAITH circle of do.Good Stitches, using this tutorialI really like the layout she's planning on using!

For the Modern Blocks Bee, Leanne/shecanquilt asked for Stonehenge blocks made up in Tula Pink's new  The Birds and the Bees.  The pattern is by Amy Ellis and was very straightforward to cut and piece together. I'm anxious to see blocks made up in the other fabrics in the line.

And then, the most challenging bee blocks of all, two New York Beauty blocks for Watch Meesh Run in the Always Bee Learning bee. And yes, I gulped when I saw her thread on flickr about this month's "assignment". But in reality, I had done enough paper-piecing that these weren't half as difficult as they look! I was assigned block patterns #9 and #4 from Sew Sweetness' New York Beauty quilt along earlier this year.


So it's good to have these taken care of so I can focus on the quilts in the line up!

Linking up with TNT Thursday.

12 comments:

  1. You did great on the new york beauties. I am not intimidated by paper piecing, but curved piecing makes me *gulp*. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great looking blocks! The NY beauty blocks are stunning =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with them all, those NYB blocks are time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Debbie - those are amazing!! I would have cried making those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look great! I really like the gradient of your solids in that first block. They weren't too bad, were they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The New York Beauties are gorgeous---love the purples and pinkie mauves together-those must have been exciting to piece together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The NY beauties are just amazing!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are lovely, I especially love the one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These blocks are all just so great!! I especially love your NY Beauty!! It is stunning. I still have to try one of those :)

    ReplyDelete