I finally got to work on mine tonight and took some more pics, hoping they'll be helpful to those of you who are just getting going. Here's the zipper ends ready to stitch on to the zips. I took a hint from the flickr group, and used fabric glue instead of pins for every step of the zipper installation - worked like a charm.
It helped me to lay the main fabrics out (fleece already adhered) along with the prepped zippers, before continuing on with the tutorial.
The photo below shows zipper #1B already stitched on. The lining piece gets folded face UP, topped with the zipper and first accent piece. And an added note - there were several suggestions in the flickr group to use a walking foot when sewing on the zips, rather than a zipper foot. I found I still needed to stop mid-way across the zip, move the pull, and then continue stitching. But it's an option you can definitely try and see how it works for you.
Similar process for the second zip.
And again for the third:
Main (largest) lining face UP
Zipper #3 face UP, zipper pull to the left
Main body fabric face DOWN
And this is what you end up with before the finishing step. I'll be back to share that soon, along with an alternative method!