And they sat. You know how it goes. Sad but true. Finally, in May of this year, I hatched a plan. I asked the members of my Always Bee Learning bee to help me out. I sent them each 9 Polaroid blocks + 2 1/2" strips of at least three black or black & white fabrics. I asked that they 'frame' each Polaroid block and then create one large block with them all.
In July of this year, a year after I started the block swap, I put my Polaroid quilt on my Q3 Finish-A-Long list. Obviously I didn't make it that round, so I'm more than pleased that I managed it in Q4. Backed with the bright and bold Mod Century by Jenn Ski, I quilted a square meander around the Polaroids that unfortunately/fortunately you can barely see. Let's just say I'm still perfecting that technique. For binding I found the perfect tomato red that coordinates with the backing yet contrasts nicely with the blocks.
And considering these blocks came from all over, that really isn't far from the truth.