Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Saltwater

For 2 days after returning from vacation, I was basically wiped-out. Whether it was travel fatigue or let down from all the excitement, I don't know, but I didn't really have the energy for much.

But then, catching up on my blog-reading, I got thinking that if I just started sewing something new, maybe I'd snap out of my fog. And then I saw Camille Roskelley's post with her new Daysail patterns.
It was Mini Saltwater that caught my eye. At 15" square, I figured it would be a quick jump-start back into the studio. Though the pattern calls for fat eighths or 10" squares for the blocks, what I had were partial and full charm packs of most of Camille's fabric lines. I like mixing them up so with that thought, Saltwater went scrappy.
 And it did the trick! I really enjoyed each step, and am a tad closer to getting back in the groove.

17 comments:

  1. I love that first shot Debbie! Is that your vegetable patch or allotment? Love the mini - just perfect especially given Camille is off on her own adventures at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Camille's fabric lines go so well together, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it scrappy! welcome back to reality. I sure did enjoy following your trip on IG

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so impressive! Such a great quick jump start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very cute! I love the scrappiness. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Your mini had turned out beautifully. I was looking at the background of your pictures and looks like you have some weather coming?
    Hugs
    donna
    ps no ADD here LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! It always takes me a little while to get back into the groove, I enjoyed the photos from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely Debbie and you hardly missed a beat ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turned out wonderful. You look like you have your groove back already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute mini, and a great way to get back into sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have an amazing eye. An amazing re-entry project.

    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  12. You crack me up. . . and AMAZE me! Two days after an international trip and you're making a quilt. So impressive, especially when it's something so cute as this. Of course, I love how you hung it on a sign for its photoshoot--fabulous!

    Glad you have recovered from your trip, and hope you brought home many sweet and good memories.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure I saw this pattern when Camille released it and didn't really look twice. But yours has just wowed me! I'm going back to look at the pattern again!

    ReplyDelete