Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday at the Table

Have you ever felt like the whole world knew about something super tasty and you just found out? That was me after our recent trip to Italy and I did a Pinterest search on spritz aperol. I mean why hadn't anyone told us before? 
Luckily, we had discovered the Spritz in Venice at the beginning of our trip, so now we know and even though it might be considered a summer beverage, I couldn't take the risk of you not knowing about it!
The recipe is right on the back of the Aperol bottle, though it seems traditional to fiddle with the proportions, and we were rarely served a Spritz without at least some peanuts or chips - usually a quite nice array of muchies, which just added to the moment. But at any rate, spritzing our way through Italy was great fun, and it hasn't been forgotten even now that we are home. Just sayin'.

11 comments:

  1. I imagine that was the trip of a lifetime ; )
    Someday........

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best kind of souvenier and memory- one you can bring home and use again and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat, I've certainly never heard of that. I still am thinking about your tray with Pringles on it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also discovered this in Venice last fall and was pleased to find a bottle locally. There is something decidedly special about sipping and reminiscing. Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have such a sweet tooth that they are too bitter for me --but they always LOOK so refreshing, and I am definitely in the minority! love your photos. and love the comment above about this being the best kind of travel souvenir!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried Aperol yet. Is it similar to Campari?
    Looks like Italy was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny. I read about the Aperol Spritz as we were preparing for our trip to Venice in 2009. On our way to Venice we stopped in Ljubljana, Slovenia where they are very popular too. I had my first in Ljubljana and continue to make them at home. The Aperol liquor is very good to add to Red wine and that's how I make my "gringo" sangria!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When we were in Venice, I wanted to have a Bellini in the bar that invented it. We couldn't find it! Venice is a crazy, amazing, beautiful maze.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the south of France 'apero' is a description of the entire pre-meal experience, including drink (alcoholic, of course), and nibbly bits of all shapes and sizes, so good to see the neighbours are at it too :oD

    ReplyDelete