I 'met' them around the same time, halted progress on all my other projects and set to work. I kept things small - 4 - 11" blocks, no sashing or border necessary. I played with layout and then settled in to quilt.
I had a sense that matchstick quilting would be the way to go the minute I started on this one. Aurifil 50wt #2021 (Natural White) was threaded in my machine already and seemed the obvious choice. When doing this kind of quilting, I use my hera marker to divide the width of the quilt every 3 1/2" or so. I quilt these guidelines first and then go back to fill in each section
I auditioned several of the Imprint prints for the binding, and though I finally settled on the gold "Morse Dot Sun," I didn't have quite enough, so over on the right side I filled in with "Crossthread Sheen". It's not real obvious in photos, but I'm glad it is in person. And I failed to get a shot of it, but the backing is Katarina's Floret Stains Tealberry. You know I had to keep it all in the family!
I named this one "Snooze Alarm" as a nod to the block's name. Boy was I sad when it was finished. It's just so dang refreshing to drop everything and make something on impulse. And I find a small project like this a kick-start for the other projects that were interrupted. So now it's back to that 'to do' list!
Linking up with Finish It Up Friday.