Meanwhile, I was sewing right along with the rest of them! Unlike my previous Crosscut quilt, this time I mismatched my background triangles, but I still pulled from the scrap bin for the Xs.
Then I repeated the organic quilting design of the first, beginning by hera-marking guide-lines about 6" apart, then quilting randomly between them until I felt it was enough. I guess I enjoyed it so much the first time, I wanted to do it again!
I chose three beautiful 50wt Aurifil threads for the quilting: using mostly the variegated #3320 (Spring Green), with accents of #5006 (Light Turquoise ) and #2810 (Turquoise).
Binding is a little ho-hum. I used one of the prints from the quilt, but the design was so spread out, half of it ended up on the back of the quilt. Note to self. I did include some of my leftover strips, which I'm happy enough with.
Anyways, it was a terrific week. I was especially touched by those who were participating in their first quilt-along ever, loved that some folks were trying improv for the first time, was amused by those hesitant to slice up their initial pieced blocks, and inspired over and over by the color combos, quilting, and wonderful ways so many made it their own. All in all, it was a very good thing!