Thursday, July 27, 2017

Improv Stripes QAL :: Gathering Fabric

Folks have been asking if they can start gathering fabric for the Improv Stripes QAL starting next Monday, July 31. There won’t really be a supply list – with it being improv and not really knowing how each of you will use the blocks, it’s hard to say.


But, if you just can't wait, consider starting with scraps.... I’ve enjoyed using coordinating solids with a variety of contrasting prints, but really, anything you like will be fine! Just two contrasting fabrics.... a crazy mix of solids.... a tangle of string strips.... a big ole pile of random scraps.... nicely folded fat-quarters.... all of these would be great options!

So give it a little thought if you must. Ignoring it till Monday is fine too. I'll see you then!

6 comments:

  1. I'm excited! my scraps are packed to go with me on retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can´t wait until the QAL starts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually a QAL that I think I can do! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm one of those crazy people who wanted to know what prepping to do. It's time to gather some stuff and get ready for some stripey fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, a friend just gave me a box of scraps, I might start here with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could use some practice with Improv piecing. Too bad I'm already working on 3 other QAL!! Can't really justify ANOTHER new project right now. :o((

    ReplyDelete