Monday, July 3, 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long :: Q3 List

Going out on a limb here and putting five projects on my Q3 Finish-A-Long list! That's alot for me, but I'm super psyched about all of them, so hoping for the best!

1. First up is my scrappy improv quarter log cabin quilt, totally started in an effort to whittle down those scraps. Those are 12 1/2" blocks, so the quilt will finish at 72" square. I've got a plan for a scrappy backing and am anxious to get quilting on this one.


2. Speaking of backing, I honestly joined in Amanda Jean/crazy mom quilts' June Quilt QAL to make a June quilt as a backing for #1 above. BUT after making the largest quilt top I've made in quite a while, I decided I just couldn't trim it down after all. SO I chose a big ole 108" wide back in dark coral, with a quilting plan to be determined.


3. Next is another scrap-involved project and probably the one I'm most anxious to work on. I've sewed just a little ways in prep for a {fingers crossed} improv stripes QAL to be announced later this month.


4. Another one I'm really excited to make progress on is a scrappy tumbler quilt that will be a mix of all my brown scraps + stash fabrics as needed. Soon, I'll begin assembling this one on the design wall. Crazy thing, I already have a name in mind for this one, so I need to get to it.


5. And lastly is a baby quilt. I'll be using the Geo pattern by Samantha Green/Missy MackCreations. I've pulled from stash and also have a few more fabrics headed my way.


So I'm feeling good about this quarter's list, as well as the fact that I'm making good progress on sewing through the scrap basket. Here goes nothin!

14 comments:

  1. You are making a lot of progress with your scraps! I look forward to seeing how these come together and finish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to participating in your next QAL! I really enjoyed the one from last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is nothing as soothing as watching a quilt flying in the wind
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting to see how you quilt the log cabin - I have a wonky log cabin and haven't been able to decide how to quilt it. I don't want to take away from the wonkiness or gorgeous fabrics I used but....

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really nice list of projects; I love your use of brown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are becoming the scrap quilt queen! I love all of these! can't wait to see them all finish up. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh a QAL ?! Hope to take part in this time ! Good luck with your goals Debbie !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely big scrappy quilt! QAL sounds brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really interested in an improv string QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow five is a lot for you Debbie, but you can get them all done, I'm sure of it! Excited to see that improv string QAL. Thank you for linking up on behalf of the global 2017 Finish-A-Long hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Your list sounds way more doable then mine lol... Sending you lots of love and motivation for you projects. They look gorgeous. All your projects look very nice and encouraging so looking forward to seeing more around here soon xo Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the yellow brightness of the 1/4 log cabin quilt. Looking forward to the string along but first I need to move and then unpack and then I can sew again! Good luck finishing your list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great, great list! I really love those improv quarter log cabin blocks and you inspired me to try making my own! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love those logcabins and improv projects!

    ReplyDelete