Friday, November 18, 2011

Scrappy and Super

I hope you aren't getting tired of all the Swoon - I know I'm not. After doing two one-block "mini" Swoons, a Swoon block for do.Good Stitches, and a full-size Swoon quilt, there was still one more Swoon I wanted to do before I put my pattern away.

Inspired first by Erin of two more seconds

then by Adrianne of Little Bluebell

and finally by Kate of Katie Mae Quilts who is stitching up Swoon blocks in all sorts of sizes(!).
see original post here

I just had to do it. My scrappy Autumn lap quilt, otherwise known as . . .

Scrappy Super Swoon

Made double-size, one big scrappy 48" block. Quilted with organic line quilting, first inspired by Jacquie of Tallgrass Prairie Studio (who has a great tutorial here).

I promise this will be it. {maybe}

Linking up with Celebrate Color and Finish it Up Friday.
Celebrate Color

25 comments:

  1. hoooley doooley....I so have to make more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it!! Scrappy Super Swoon is spectacular! What an awesome idea to super size the pattern. And I must say that I love all the orange in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo, a supersize Swoon! :) I've thought about a big one for a Christmas wall hanging. I think I'm sold. The fall colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUUUUU, this may win over a 9 block design for me! I LOVE it Debbie- just gorgeous! IT made me smile and I'm sure it does you too :)
    ~Candice (Blogger is being weird on me today!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I gasped when I saw Super Swoon! I love it! (And I don't think you're done yet...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the fall-inspired scrappy fabrics in your super swoon! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont' think it's possible to over-swoon! i love how your block turned out. very pretty fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool. I'm kind of loving these quilts that are just one block. Nice Friday Finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, it is so fabulous Debbie! Like really really fabulous! I love the scrappy-ness and the large size, so awesome! Enjoy it during this fall season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, the swoon wasn't crossing my mind at all when I looked at your teaser pics this week!! I LOVE this, it is so awesome. Double size, hey? How did you figure it out?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!! Very Autumnal and such a great pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. After that post I think I will swoon too!!! Your quilt looks so gorgeous and I love this fall season colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Goodness was what i said out loud!! Great Swoon quilt--such a versatile block!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The swoon block is amazing, I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing Debbie - such lovely fall colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I love the hits of mustard!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful work. Somehow I think the scrappy type quilts and patterns just look better and feel more homey and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i NEVER get tired of that block either! ever! i love yours, so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so great - lovely, lovely.
    Great idea to upsize this pattern.

    But you can't stop now..Can't wait to se your Mega-super-Swoon - a whopping 96" Swoon-quilt;-)

    ReplyDelete