There is so much I want to try as far as improv is concerned, but that doesn't make me any less pleased that I finished this little quilt. The process was together an experience, and an achievement.
The front began with the improvisational log cabin block I made in class in July (upper right). I made three more blocks, simpler in design but coordinating somewhat, and pieced them together with some Essex linen in Putty. I loved this earthy color and texture with the orange and pink blocks.
I used a previously untried stitch on my machine for the quilting - a somewhat ziggedy-zag, which I felt added alot of interest to the random shapes and angles of the improv blocks.
Linking with Little Quilt Monday and Fabric Tuesday! Also linking up with at the end of my hallway.