Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lucky Stars - January

After my happy success with the practice block for the Lucky Stars BOM, I was eager to do this month's block - "Funky Star."
Again, I used the Architextures map fabric as the background. I pulled other prints from the collection, plus the solid Kona Berry from my Architextures Coordinates charm pack (see below for colors included).
Carolyn Friedlander - Architextures FQ Solids - Click Image to Close
top row: flame, ice peach, plum, lake; 2nd row: cadet, pond, honey dew, kumquat; 3rd row: meringue, kiwi, berry, cactus; 
4th row: cerise, delft, lagoon, mango; bottom row: pacific, peacock, teal blue, fern; photo courtesy of Pink Chalk Fabrics

On the practice block, I included the Cerise. Along with using the same background for each block, I also plan on including one of these solids, a different one each time.

I'm really glad I decided to do the 6 1/2" version of each block. I've just enjoyed doing them so much, and can hardly wait to work on February's.

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

20 comments:

  1. It's a lovely block, I like the solids with those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piecing is great! I am okay with paper piecing, it's taking out the paper. Proper paper helps. Also a shot of steam to moisten, then peel off : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's your plan for the blocks? This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed seeing these blocks pop up. Love how you are using Carolyn's Architextures fabric. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun block! You chose some really creative fabric and I just love the pattern! Great job! I can't wait to see February's block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your fabric choices..very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love this block. It is wonderful. Great work and perfect fabric choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this block, your fabric choices, the colors, the design. Yep, everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fab - love your fabric picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab block, I love the fabric choices you made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! This certainly will be a lovely quilt or whatever it turns into!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nicely done! The paper piecing gives your points crispness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are going to look fab all together, love the shot of solids in each one

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great! I think I am going to do the 6.5" block too after seeing your post, I am hoping to get mine going today. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is going to be an amazing project! Both blocks you've finished are awesome, and such a treat to work with Architextures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great fabric choices. Those solids sing and look so good with the Architextures. And your stars--great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi -
    I am looking for fabric in the Robert Kaufman Architextures collection - specifically the blueprint designs and the map-like ones. Do you have any scraps of these left over from your projects?
    Thanks,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete