Thursday, August 29, 2013

More to Show

Last month I shared several really special quilts - quilts that had been made by bees I am in. Even when I play just a small part by making a block or two, it's still very gratifying to show off the finished quilts. And this month there's a few more!

Anita/RhubarbPatch of FAITH Circle had us each do eight simple 6 1/2" blocks, but what a sweet quilt they made! I think the loopy quilting Anita did just made it!
April Do.Good.Stitches

Next is "Birds of a Feather" by Susan/PatchworknPlay from the Mid-Century Modern Bee. When I saw our assignment that month - to make an Anna Maria Horner feather block I was scared silly! But it turned out to be quite fun - and just look at the finished quilt! Each block is so unique and pretty, and yet again, Susan's layout and quilting just pulled them all together in the lovliest way!

Again, when I saw the month's assignment for That Stash Bee from Valerie/Between Quilts, I didn't know what I was going to do! A scrappy rainbow was the general theme, with the specifics being either scrappy stars or words of encouragement, as the family this quilt was going to had been through a very difficult time. I opted for stars, but admit to being just so impressed at the creativity of my bee mates. I'm pretty sure I gasped when I saw this completed quilt for the first time! Do click through and take a quick look - both at the front and the back - such a unique and lovely quilt. (If I hear back with an affirmative from Valerie, I'll add the photos here - meanwhile see them on flickr!)

And lastly, "Common Affection," a quilt I made back in April with the help of the Mid-Century Modern Bee is in the limelight - at least at my house! It will be displayed in the 2013 American Quilter's Society QuiltWeek in Des Moines, Iowa this October. Over 100 quilts will be shown, and then a selection of them will be chosen by the judges to travel with this exhibit through September 5, 2014. Either way, I'm pleased, and grateful to my bee girls for helping me step out into new territory with this quilt.
"Common Affection" completed!

That's it for now . . . hope you enjoyed the show!

21 comments:

  1. The pink quilt is very sweet! And thanks for sharing mine too! Good luck to "Common Affection" as it gets shown to a real live audience! I was happy to be a small part of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty quilts that you've been a part of lately! Congrats again on your quilt being chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are all so beautiful! Common Affection will be sure to be a crowd pleaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Common Affection is really unique and special - congrats on sharing it with the public on a grand scale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts! It is cool the way you arrange the darker blocks around your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All lovely quilts. Could you part with yours to let it travel : ) ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all amazing, well done ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of these quilts, but especially happy for you, my friend, on the last one. Congratulations! You've worked hard and deserve the recognition this brings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun to see "bee" blocks come together in great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all wonderful quilts, lucky you, to be a member of such fabulous groups.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't seen Valerie's finished quilt and it turned out so amazing! You, my dear friend, are parts of some wonderful groups. And what's even better is that you are a wonderful addition to each of those groups yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have made SO many bee blocks yet very few people actually finish them. i wish i could show more examples on my blog. maybe i'll dig through some pictures of ancient bees to see if i missed anything...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great idea--to show where your blocks have gone to. So many times we just mail them off and whoosh! they are gone, so it's good to get reminded of the ultimate goal: a finished quilt.

    I really love the Common Affection blocks, but to me its mastery lies in the setting, which is your brilliant ideas coming to the fore. Thanks for including us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all so great, but that feather one is my favorite. That aqua really has a kick to it! I love your Common Affection quilt too, it's so unique and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sues feathered quilt is amazing isn't it! Turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have had your hand in making several beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete