Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Patchwork, Please! :: Prettified Pincushion + A Winner

It's ironic in a way that the last Patchwork, Please project I have to share is in reality the first one I made. Yup, when we first got our books, daughter dear and I couldn't wait to get started and made Prettified Pincushions together one afternoon. And so, yes, I've been using mine all through the sew along as I've stitched up one project after another.
This is one of those projects where scraps just shine. And the little paper-piecing required makes it perfect for any skill level. I filled mine with crushed pecan shells and added a sweet crochet-covered button from my grandma's button tin. What a satisfying beginning and end to sewing along!
Meanwhile, I need to announce a winner from among the commenters on last week's Zakka Along 2.0 :: Week 18 post! Congrats to Ali of alimakes who wins the prize package from Aurifil/Form & Fabric/Pellon/Cloud9.
I also forgot to mention yesterday that there's a sew along fourth-quarter link up prize that will also be announced next Monday - a $50 gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop! So be sure and link up any of your last-minute finishes from weeks 16-19. Whew! So much going on during this last week. Can't wait to see what you make!

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

14 comments:

  1. Debbie, your pin cushion is the cutest and the special button is the cherry on a cake! I want to make this, too! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pincushion! And congratulations to Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling pincushion! That button is the crowning jewel - just perfect. I love it!

    Congrats to Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet. Love the nostalgic button as a finishing touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pincushion Debbie. Especially that special little button. I had a similar experience and made this project first as well.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet and very useful. Not a bad combo when you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pincushion! The fabrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, and yay I am a winner! I can't believe this is the last project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fine. Still have to order that book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely choice of fabrics and the button is perfect.
    Thank you for this fantastic Sew Along, it's been so fun seeing everybody's work and reading all the posts. I'm sorry this is the last week, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love your pin cushion - I need to get the book just so I can make one:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's also the first one I made. And the only one completed so far. :)I love the choice plots in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pincushion! Such pretty fabrics and colors!!

    ReplyDelete