Ever since Katie/SwimBikeQuilt announced this years 100 Quilts for Kids charity quilt drive, I planned on participating, just like I had the last two years. Unfortunately I got waylaid and missed the official link up by about 10 days. The good news? I've finished my quilt and will be donating it locally to Project Linus.
I chose Katie's own pattern, "Star Bright," and as soon as I went to my stash closet, I knew it was the perfect choice. As I was looking for grays to use, I came across the stack of gray 10" squares I had swapped a while back. A little trimming made quick work of prepping fabric for construction. It's fair to say this was the quickest quilt top ever.
Erin McMorris' Floradots in Saffron, one of the yellows used on the front. I opted for super quick quilting, using Aurifil 50wt white and my machine's curvy stitch to quilt along both sides of each square. That resulted in a really squishy, comfy quilt, just as I'd hoped.
Collage Newsprint Stripe. It made a fun finish for this quilt, and I love the bits of red scattered about.