Thursday, April 24, 2014

Vintage Kitchen

A quick visit to the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles was more than fruitful, pun intended. One of the current, exhibits is Tasty, too! I hope to share the quilts in the exhibit next week, but meanwhile, I thought I'd give you just a taste by sharing photos from the bonus exhibit of potholders. "Culled from a private collection these utilitarian objects each with a food related subject provide a glimpse into our collective delight on the subject of food, eating, and cooking."
 vintage pot holders c. 1940 - 1960 from the collection of Kathy Murphy
 
Here are a few closer shots of some of my favorites . . .



I actually recognized a couple from our home when I was a child . . . though I'm not sure how I feel about them being classified as "vintage." hmmm.

10 comments:

  1. Wow. Very cool collection. Really love the cherry pie (must have something to do with all those red buttons being used as the filling ;o.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I have dishes in my cupboard that I bought new that some folks are collecting and calling vintage, that is even worse than your mom's stuff being vintage. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable-hysterical. Looks like the exhibit is about to end, wish I'd had a chance to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! If not entirely practical ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting those! I smiled when I saw the Nova Scotia lobster (I live in NS) and the pineapple, well... we have the same one it in our house. I know what you mean about the "vintage" classification!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the eggs and bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cherry pie is just too beautiful. I want to make one and hang it up in my kitchen right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful! Love the regional/travel potholders especially. The pie just made me hungry for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made a watermelon when I took a crochet class! That cherry pie is beautiful! I keep thinking I should have saved more stuff from when I was growing up bc it's all "vintage" now.

    ReplyDelete