Friday, September 19, 2014

September Bee Blocks

Though I had great fun over the weekend creating my Mini Saltwater quilt and it piqued my interest in sewing again, I found that the back-to-work days this week have been pretty exhausting. Wanting desperately to make progress even though I couldn't yet face any of my w.i.p.s, I decided bee blocks might be manageable. They were.

For FAITH Circle, I made 4 Patchwork Chevron blocks using a tutorial by In Color Order. These were a great place to start, and I like the palette we were given to work in.

I was kind of apprehensive about the Pineapple Blossom blocks we were asked to make in That Stash Bee. But Quiltville's tutorial made it easy, and these blocks went together quite quickly. Again, the palette made these extra fun, and I really enjoyed them.

The Mid-Century Modern bee was asked for Union Jack blocks, one I've been wanting to try for a long time. Molli Sparkles' tutorial was terrific, and I really love the unique size of this block.

So sooner or later, I really need to face some more complicated projects. And some deadlines. But these were certainly a pleasant diversion...

14 comments:

  1. Good work! I really like the pineapple blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blocks, the pineapple blossoms are lovely and I like the fabrics you picked for the Union Flag. I can never face quilting or sewing after work, I'm always too tired so for me it's reserved for weekends

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pineapple blossoms. I need a magic tool that IDs the fabrics for me. Do you happen to know what the light purple snowflake/lacey looking one is and the darker purple that you've used on the outside of the two rows? I NEED THESE in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAB, I don't see an email for you so hope you check back...

    The light fabric was in a bundle but has no selvage. I think it was from Intrepid Thread though if you want to glance at their site…

    The dark one says Kathleen Pitjara(?) on it and M & S Textiles Australia. I know I bought a fq of it but can’t remember where. Hope this helps tho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally getting back to some blog reading! Your bee blocks all look great. I find it challenging but interesting at the same time, when I get new bee assignments, especially when there are palettes or blocks that I'm not familiar with, but they almost always turn out to be a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder why I have no email...thanks for looking. They are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty blocks, but I really love the first one, I think it is the color scheme, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay...it all looks wonderful! Congrats on finishing up some of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay...it all looks wonderful! Congrats on finishing up some of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is so amazing. I never tire of looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just barely commented on another blog that I don't have very much purple fabric because I don't love purple. But I DO love that purple fabric in your pineapple blossom block -- the darker purple. I like the color combo with the blue too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew, you've definitely leapt back in there again :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all of your bee blocks Deb, especially the Union Jack block! I'd love to try one of these, but don't know what I'd do with it once it's made.

    I can relate to the lack of sewing umph. The start of the school year really sucked my creativity out...little by little it is coming back. Thank goodness as my To Do list is becoming more urgent with deadlines fast approaching. Hope yours comes back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome blossom! So happy that you got to try out the UJ tutorial, and your block looks perfect! I have to make two more for upcoming bee blocks as well. I think I could make them blindfolded at this stage! Haha

    ReplyDelete