Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Quilt Trail

While hubby and I were out and about yesterday, we happened upon the Lake County Quilt Trail and it was an unexpected and delightful find. We had stopped at Angelina's Bakery & Espresso, thanks to a glowing review on yelp, and we were not disappointed. Just a few steps away, we saw our first 2 quilts on the trail.



It was while we were snapping a photo of the third, on the side of Lakeport English Inn, that the inn's owner, Karan, happened to step around the corner, saw us admiring her massive Double Wedding Ring, and offered to go back inside and print us a copy of the trail map.
While she did that, we were encouraged to wander around and we found the inn to be inviting and just an all-round lovely place. This plaque hanging outside Karan's office tells a bit about the quilt trail project.

Click for a list of all the quilt blocks on the trail, and I'll just leave you now to enjoy the quilts we happened upon. At the end of the post, there's also a video about the project. Enjoy!











   

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE this so hard! Thank you for sharing!! We have some barn quilts around here (it's relatively rural) but not so many that I get to see them all the time. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. Loved your photos and the video. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much!
    Wonderful post to see such an event in your countryside. The photos are excellent but the video really illustrated the purpose and meaning behind it all. I wish I could experience it for myself. and maybe one day I'll get to one of these shows, we certainly never anything like it in England.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks for sharing! We found one in Pennsylvania and it was so fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this needs to go on my bucket list! Thanks for sharing this Debbie! We have nothing like this in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. These are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so awesome! thanks for taking us along

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to share this with family in Seattle. We have them in NY and PA. It would be helpful if you add the location when you say “Lake Country Trail” .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live "close" to you, I'm in Sequim! While I was browsing the pictures on this post, I downloaded the list of places where these quilts are. I kept thinking how funny, the names of these places are the same as places where I grew up during the summers! (The whole time thinking you were cruising around your neck of the woods) Were you down there during the fire, or were you there before they started? Isn't that a beautiful place (sans fires)? Thank you for sharing. Little did I know, that those treasures were there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most of the buildings in Middletown were destroyed in the fire. I'm disappointed that I live so close (Sacramento) and I never even heard about this quilt trail! I'll be looking for it once the impact from the fire dies down... So much lost.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. How breathtaking and serene . I could lavish in Lake County Quilt Trail forever. Thoroughly enjoyed your quilts and this story .

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG. How fun! This is such a unique experience. The quilts are really vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow so fun. I've heard a lot about these trails but have never seen one in person.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a fun day and something I would thoroughly enjoy. Mr. Romance would like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like fun!! Love that you find these trails!

    ReplyDelete